Now in the crusade encampment, the Altdorf Band had found a tent, where they could receive some treatment for their injuries. Badly wounded, the slept though the day and it was only the keen ears of the Agent that saved their lives. Waking up, covered in sweat, something was not right, it was midnight and something outside the tent cast long ghastly shadows on the linen.
“Wake up!! Guards!! Help!!” he cried out, ripping his fellow adventurers from the deep sleep, but also alerting the creatures outside. They ripped through the tent, and a stench of decay filled the tent as ghouls and zombies poured inside!
Without armor, the stout adventurers took heavy wounds fast, zombies were moaning and ghouls tried to rip apart the alert Agent. The troll slayer rose to action and cleaved zombies left and right. The witch hunter, blasting their brains out with his holy bullets. A strange elven beast mage, who had joined their party did his as well. Spearmen arrived to assist, hearing the call for aid, and soon the battle escalated. It was a nightmare of living dead and guard fighting for their lives.
The elf went down, and so did the agent. Where was that blasted Shallya priest when needed?
A ghouls growled “Signal the Master. The diversion is sufficient”, and with that another ghouls blew in a small silent whistle, which gave off no sound.
As the party, slowly gained the upper hand on the zombies and ghouls, a spearman, realized with horror that the child was in danger, and rushed off to warn Karl’s guards.
After a bloody combat, the Altdorf band could finally relax, they were praised for their efforts and were honored with an audience before the Karl, the holy child.
In this episode the Altdorf Band:
- Burned down the Reaper’s Bounty
- Followed the band of Kithband Warriors that helped them
- Later parted ways with the elves in order to rest in the wood.
- Fought off some Gor skirmishers as they were trying to rest.
- Fled towards Gooten, assisted by a strange elven beastmage.
- Learned that the Kithband sought to kill off the child
- Agreed to help and protect Father Johannes Seibolt.
- Agreed to kidnap Karl for Father Johannes Seibolt.
- Infiltrated the Crusade of the Child.
- Talked briefly with Ahmed.
- Noticed that the camp contained some Fortune Teller, Butcher, a place to get ale, many many tents, some kind of leadership, some kind of patrolling, zealots of every kind and of course a primitive tent for tending to the sick.
- Talked briefly with some Singers of the holy word
- Talked briefly with some Burdened heart (Rivals of The Brothers of the Unclosed Wound)
- Noticed some “Fists that hold the hammer” with red bandanas
- Noticed quite some military presence both in Reikland and Middenland uniforms.
- Fought a group of Zombies and Ghouls that attacked from East at midnight.
- Learned that the attack was a diversion.
- Finished off the diversion and helped cut down all the undead.
- Received thanks for their efforts and were taken to see the child.
Finally they learned that the spearman managed to warn Karl’s guards, and they came to the Child’s defense in the nick of time. A horrible ghoulish vampire and ghouls in disguises had tricked the guards and forced their way into Karl’s tent. It had been a deadly fight, but brave men had wounded the vampire, who had then transformed into a bat and fled.
Before Karl, Matthias Eichmann and Karl Heinrich Weishaupt recognized Karls divinity or awesomeness or importance (your choice how you want to see him), and will do everything in their power to ensure the safety of the child that they now love. The elf and the dwarf were unaffected.
(Brother Maynard will get to test in an unmodified daunting roll vs WP next he join)
You now stand before Karl, and that concludes Dead of the Night and third chapter of The Thousand Thrones.