With Brother Maynard staring in the role as Grimgut Bonecrusher, it was little effort for the Altdorf Band to get access to the camp for the performance. Also Maynard had spend the last days reviewing the play. A play in 6 acts about the Life of Sigmar. Each act concerned with a major event in his story.
Now the Altdorf Band must work hard to avoid suspicion from the other actors, New Dawn Infiltrators and Wilhelm Schumacher, the playwright!
Words of Wisdom from Detlef Sierck, Noted Playwright:
“Never work with Halflings or Animals”
“Money? You think there’s money to be made in acting? My dear fellow, if I had a Gold Crown every time I heard that, I’d have two summer mansions instead of just one”
The Altdorf Band spend time practicing their roles and building stage. During the day there was also time for a bit of investigation.
- They uncovered a Herald who had a Sigmar role in the place
- Rogee la Rouge discovered a hidden real sword. This was then moved to a new location near stage. He also joins up with the Altdorf Band.
- Gromnir Groinsplitter avoided being kicked out of the area by the playwright.
- Brother Maynard inquired about the cost of setting up a Shallya themed play.
Act I: The Birth of Sigmar
- Rogee la Rouge take to the stage as the Ulric Priest. He does a good job of acting. Dr. Lorenz Gasbard also performs well as Peasant 3.
- Towards the end of Act 1, it is noticed that someone seems to be messing with the boar prop needed for Act II.
Act II: Sigmar and Blacktusk the Boar
- Dr. Lorenz Gasbard takes on the job as porter to bring the prop on stage.
- After a few futile attempts to disarm the bomb inside the bear and heavy booing from the crowd, Rogee la Rouge saves the play with a few well chosen lines.
- Rogee then rush out behind, finds a bucket of water and toss it on the boar, disarming the bomb.
- Brother Maynard notice that one of the actors carry real weapons!
- Rogee spots a plague-robed person in the crowd. Despite some cunning acting, Gromnir Groinsplitter and Konrad of Altdorf does not realize the hint.
Act III: The Battle of Astofen Bridge
- Brother Maynard take to the stage as Grimgut Bonecrusher along with a replacement character for Sigmar.
- In the climatic part of the act, Grimgut and Sigmar fights. But suddenly it becomes evident that Sigmar is wearing a real plate mail and wields a very real and dangerous great-hammer!
- Taking a blow from the hammer, Brother Maynard plays dead at first, and then choose to rolls off the stage. The audience clapping and laughing with Sigmars victory.
- Brother Maynard has the Herald and his companion arrested after the Act.
Act IV: King Ironbeard
- Rogee la Rouge accepts the role of King Ironbeard as the actor has fallen ill.
- During the act some more heralds are identified.
- Brother Maynard is stabbed backstage by a poisoned dagger. He passes out.
- Rogee spots the plague robed person again, this time closer to the child still.
Act V: Battle of Black Fire Pass
- Maynard, Rogee and Lorenz all take to the stage with some real weapons in order to dispatch of two known heralds.
- The Altdorf Band manage to kill the heralds and secure their corpses. At this point Rogee again spot the plague robed character and shadowy figures standing in the galleries, bows ready.
- Rogee points out the plague robed character and many turn to look.
Act VI: Sigmar Battles Nagash
- Before proceeding to act VI, Lord de Trois, now exposed, cast off his cloak and reveals himself as an ancient evil vampire, striking terror in the crowd!
- Arrows fly from the galleries targeting both Lord de Trois, Karl and anyone who protects him!
- Lord de Trois cast Wind of Death, killing the crowd in great numbers the wind later sweeping over the stage, back stage and far into the crusader camp.
- Gromnir Groinsplitter negotiate the crowd and lands some great blows on de Trois.
- Konrad of Altdorf head for the galleries and start to battle Lorinoc’s Kithband
- It is a brutal battle where Lord de Trois uses Necrotic Powder to bring down the slayer. (Later to be called “Snyde pulver”). Brother Maynard is the victim of the Gaze of Nagash and hits the floor as well.
- Konrad closes in on Lord de Trois and manage to drive him off. He takes pursuit but is then crippled by Lord de Trois’s hand of dust, allowing the vampire to escape into the crown.
- Meanwhile Dr. Lorenz Gasbard is disabled by a Herald.
- Last man standing is Rogee, who mange to escape with the wounded Karl!
- Rogee finally help out his friends, and discover a black leather bound journal dropped by the fleeing Lord de Trois.
- a few days are spent with healing and prayer.Brother Maynard calling Shallya’s favors to the very limit. He cures several wounds and insanities. Alas when trying to cure Konrad’s disease, his favors run out and Maynard contracts a second disease himself. Slackjaw… a nasty illness, often fatal.
- The Altdorf Band is once again hailed as heroes and in position to join the inner council.
- Finally the band study the Lord de Trois journal and The Cipher of 9s. They soon discover it’s all about math and some greater plot to Rule the Age of a Thousand Thrones!