“Shhhh! I hear something…” The Altdorf band had made it to the black lake, but a across the lake was a cave, and it seemed there were voices from inside. The group made their way to the shore of the black waters, and the elves investigating the cave emerged in the opening, pausing a moment.
The Altdorf Band was however quick to act. The slayer throwing a long robe across the dark pond to steal the elven boat while others yelled out about coming in peace and being servants of the empire. Having their boat stolen however, Lorinoc and his Kithband warriors were far from convinced by the supposed peaceful intensions of the Altdorf band and moments later, they released arrows at the Scoundrel Thieves.
The Altdorf Band follow the small stream North. It turns out to be a 4 hour journey with a few interruptions. Amongst other things, they come across some of the remnants of the Battle by The Crags of Shargun.
Finally the reach the black lake. Here they encounters Lorinoc and his band of Kithband Warriors across from the lake. The Altdorf band takes an interesting approach as they try call for peace while they at the same time, try steal their boat. These mixed signals are met with the arrows and combat. Ticklepox offers to help, but is kicked into the pond. In the end the Altdorf band kills Lorinoc and his host of wood elves.
The party then investigate the cavern. Brother Maynard and Dhonar are both marked as they touch a black painting. Nevertheless, the band find nothing much of interest. Eventually they start investigate into the lake where Brother Maynard is attacked by a serpent and a nurgling. They discover an underwater entrance into a cave system.
The whole cave system seems to be infested with corruption, and while the party investigate around, some of their more interesting findings where:
- Organs protruding from the wall.
- Tentacles trying to snuggle the Sigmar Priest
- A larger band of Ghoul Brutes. Simmilar to those of the Strigoi camp.
- A collections on white pillars
- Some man-sized holes, that the party ignored.
- Raining Blood
- A large room with two warbands fighting eachother.
- A wandering black slime
- Sorrow Swarms
- Fleshy Ribbons
- Some black dripping oil, that infected Brother Maynard, causing him to choke to death in an orgy of slime from his insides.
- A bone key, which was left behind.
- A bronze key which Gromnir Groinsplitter recovered.