Journal Entry, Altdorf.
Our investigations continue and today we ran into the boorish party known as the Averland Fancypants. And just as the clues point in their direction, the witch hunter in their party turned out to be every bit of nasty work as suspected, preventing us from seeing my dear uncle. Knowing their high status and influence, I even had to hold back Peter from doing something stupid.
Dear Cassandra has confirmed that the taint of chaos magic lingers on the party. Their evil deeds cannot be disguised to her beautiful eyes. It is also clear as Peter suspected that they are working for Kaufmann and Maur. I understand only too well why Peter is quick to the blade. But we must be careful.
At the funeral I had to restrain myself, I wanted to expose it all, but it would only get us arrested. They have too many friends in high places. We must bide out time.
Tonight we will visit the garden of Morr again and see if the tip from our benefactor is really true. If all goes well, we will head of the docks afterwards. Who knows what we will find there… that shipment, and nasty fish gangers all around… something is going on for sure otherwise Grosz would not have been overseeing it all in person.
Now as the Averland Fancypants was hailed as Champions of the Empire, there was much to see to…
THE SKULL OF THE MASTER
- Karl Van Hal started investigating into the death of his teacher Calcas Dawnbreaker.
- Calcas had a nasty black stabwound in his side, that did not seem to be a demon injury
- Party suspect poison but lacked the skills to determine this
- Friedrich von Kaufman, Theodosius von Tuchtenhagen and Adele Ketzenblum were all nearby Calcas in the temple.
- Karl Van Hal further performed the more ancient (and controversial) rite of chopping off his teacher’s head and making a oath to avenge him. He now carries his teachers skull around, so that the spirit may witness the retribution. (and hold him to his oath).
DEALINGS AT THE COLLAGES OF MAGIC
- Leopold Schatterman, now Imperial Wizard of Averland visited his order.
- Baltazar Geltz charged him with the mission of investigating Dagoberdt Gabor.
- Further, Leopold’s ruined eye was turned to gold.
- His order granted him a poiwerful grey staff
- He discovered he was being spied upon by Cassandra Grüber, a celestrial wizard.
THE NOT SO LEGAL TRADE ROUTE
- The party did not spend time visiting the Docks and overseeing their business.
- Castor Cuddlebottom was left to deal with business himself and was dismayed and annoyed to learn that snoops had been in the warehouse and killed 5 of Frederick Grosz’s goons. Fortunately after the weirdroot had been sold.
- Karl Van Hal went to the garden of morr to recover the lost Midnight Scroll from the body of Theodosius von Tuchtenhagen.
- A group of people lead by Marius von Tuchtenhagen was already present requesting to see the body. Karl managed to stop them, but was not able to gain access himself either. Karl also noted the other people of the group as Peter Templemann, Cassandra Grüber, a character in leather and black cloak and a dwarf.
- The party attend the funeral, and also notice courtier Wanda present.
- Early next day, the party learn that Marius and his party leaves the city.
- During late next day the party overhear rumors that there was a graverobbery at the garden of morr. Sure enough. Someone had opened the grave of Theodosius von Tuchtenhagen.
- Frederich von Feschhosen spend time gathering support for his trip to Grenzstadt.
- He host a farewell party and manage to aqquire a squire. Furthermore Friedrich von Kaufman and Konrad Mauer agree to accompany him to Averheim.
Finally the party leaves Altdorf with horses, coaches and a captain and 5 soliders. Quite a spectacle to behold!