Defending the Reaper’s Bounty was both a display of strength and a matter of fatality. The Altdorf Band stood stubbornly by their principles. Maybe their faith in Sigmar allowed them their victory but certainly Brother Maynard’s faith in Shallya saved them from certain death.
- The band was already wounded by previous fighting with the mutants
- The band got help in the battle from Klaus and Earnst (The Hammerbearers)
- The band got help in the battle from Lorinoc the wood-elf (who will jokely be refered to as Legolas)
- The band killed the 8 remaining mutants, taking some wounds.
- The band managed to close the gate in the very last moment.
- The band had no time or men to man the walls in advance for a better defense.
- Walls were scaled by beastmen in large numbers. In the end the gate was breached as well.
- The band killed 9 Ungors around 10 Gors.
- Klaus and Earnst fell in the battle.
- Father Johannes Seibolt was generally useless in the battle, as he was even unable to carry his own great-hammer. However Niels and Karl Heinrich Weishaupt did look after him
- Shadowy humanoids interfeered and likely saved the party towards the end, hails of arrows finally sending the beastmen fleeing.
- The band engaged the fleeing Truegor leader Korska and in turn Lothar Marteler was slain by Korska
- The band finally killed Korska assisted by many arrows from the woods.
[feel free to elaborate]