The first rays of light enters the Infirmary through the narrow windows. In the corner of the cell, an Araby looking guy watches the wounded adventures with a nervous twitch. Gerhart reach instinctively for his weirdroot, but realize, that everything has been stripped from him. Across from their cell, a big man lies unconscious and heavily wounded. His black armor stacked next to the bed. The door to the infirmary opens and Brother Horatius approach the cell. “I will be brief. The charges against you includes Burglary, Espionage, Drawn Weapons in the Presence of our Guards, Resisting Arrest, Manslaughter, Theft and Possession of Forbidden Books, Attempted Theft of Warpstone Object, Disturbing the Dead and the Sacrilege of Lanfranchi’s Tomb. Pray to Morr for a Death sentence. It will be the lighter of punishments in your case.” He pauses a moment before he continues with a question that sounds more like a pointless chore than anything else “Now will you also admit to the murder of Brother Eric who we found murdered this morning by a poisoned dart?”
But how did the party end up in this dire situation…
Old Man Ottersröm’s Barren
The slayers of the Altdorf Band together with Rogee la Rouge are trapped in Old Man Ottersröm’s Barren in a desperate struggle at ogres mash through the walls and a Firebelly sets the barren ablaze. The group hold stand and Gromnir Groinsplitter cut some ogres down to size. Fortunately Konrad of Altdorf arrives just in time on the Tunnelway Coach, and provides the party a quick way out. Soon out of Slappendorf, the Altdorf Band set course of Siegriedhoff.
The journey is uneventful except for a common dream shared by the party involving a sarcophagus and a lot of rats.
In Siegriedhoff the party is greeted by the Militia who escorts them to the Abby of Blessed Aethelbert for an audience with the Abbot. Black Guards in Obsidian Full Plate block the entrance with large double-handed axes. Fortunately Brother Horatius shows up and escorts them inside. After an interview with Darius Geistwächt, Grand Abbot of Blessed Aethelbert, they are offered to stay in the Abbey for 3 days. Furthermore their mention of dreams grants them a session with Elder Gerhard, the Reader of Dreams.
Rogee la Rouge and Gerhart Brickle (Gerhard admitting lying about it first) explain about the Mutated Raven they saw. Gerhard tells them they have been visited by a false image of Morr, and request for them to undergo a Dreaming Ceremony.
Konrad of Altdorf relates about seeing his own mother, the children in the pool and entering the cave. Gerhard worries that the two children in the pool was a “dream trap” and the details about the cave confirms this. He announce that Konrad is being influenced by an Outside Force and demands him to undergo the Ordeal of Morr.
Despite being asked not to by Horatius, Gromnir mention the rats in his dream, and the Abbot order the defenses ready to receive a Skaven assault, and they double the guard!
Dreaming and Ordeals
Rogee la Rouge and Gerhart Brickle both undergo the dreaming ceremony. Gerhart Brickle fortunate to experience what happned after passing through the portal.
Konrad of Altdorf undergo the Ordeal of Morr in the Hunger Woods in Sylvania. Here facing ghostly druids and grasping hands.
Investigating the Abbey
- Gerhart helps Sister Tanja setting up mousetraps in the Kitchen
- The party is violent towards the Abbey Cats.
- The party has Brother Eric show them the catacombs.
- Gromnir Groinsplitter discuss a possible Skaven plot with Brother Eric, who also takes Gromnir to the newly excavated parts of the catacombs.
- After distracting Brother Eric, the party break into Lanfranchi’s tomb and break his 1000 year old finfers to recover the second part of the Lanfranchi Triptych. They also notice an ancient spear held in his other hand.
- The party is discovered since a magic alarm ward was placed on the corpse. They are bought to Lord Voss for Judgement.
- Lord Voss, Grand Master of the Knights of the Raven hear the charges. Due to his old age, he mistakes them for Shroud Agents and they are dismissed to meet with their contact in Siefriedhoff
- The party attends the funeral of a Knights of the Raven killed by ghouls in Templehoff
- The party is shown around at the Library by Master Gottlieb. Here they have very poor luck with their searches, but also conclude that expected books on vampires are just not there. They do discover a note written by Abbot Darius researching into The Age of the Thousand Thrones, Old Gods, the Triptych, Scions and so on. They also notice mention of a ward to be placed by the Morgue Entrance to the Library.
- The party spend some time to cross reference the Lanfranchi Triptych with the Cypher of 9s
- The party finally find the secret passage from the Mourge. They open the secret passage after some talk about the ward.
- The party discovers an extensive secret library literature such as:
– 4 of Lanfranchi’s vellum Zandri Scrolls (With references to the Age of the Thousand Thrones)
– The Book of Kadon (Containing memories of Nagash, transcribed by the necromancer Kadon)
– Perilous Beasts by Odric of Wurtbad
– Vampires and Their Kin by Maxmillian Sommers
– Treatis Necris by Gottlieb the Stern
– Encyclopedia of the Undead by J. Gotthard Melber
… and countless of testimonials, diaries and records covering Necromantic and Vampire activity in Sylvania dating back a thousand years.
Also Objects were discovered:
– Five Styrigen Tablets
– A foul-smelling rat skull pendant.
- After looting forbidden books and objects, the forbidden library is surrounding by Black Guards and Knights of the Raven and Brother Horatius. Gromnir refuse to surrender. And the party accuse the Abbot of delving into Necromancy. Brother Horatius charge the party with Breaking into their Forbidden Library and with Necromancy. Combat breaks out as Black Guards engage the Giant Slayer.
- While Gromnir manage to kill a black guards and take down a knight of the raven, he is taking heavy wounds from their massive axes.
- The rest of the party surrenders at first, and try struggle a bit while the slayer is knocked out
- The Altdorf Band is detained in the infirmary, everything but their loincloth stripped from them.