You arrived at Stromdof after following the corrupt cheese merchant Florian Wechsler. Stromdorf is in general a city in a rainy location and it seems there is no improvement in the weather with your arrival. You spend a bit of time poking around in the city and discovered a bit of miscallaneus information in general:
- Admin: Burgomeister Phillip Adler is the head of Stromdorf but has lately been quite absent. Captain Kessler is basicly running the city at the moment.
- Economy: The city has a large tannery district. Hides and leather are their main source of export. They are also famous for the Thunderwater Ale which is brewed by the Brenner family.
- Market Square: You have looked around at the marker square where there is booths and junk for sale. It is generally busy here. You also noticed the well where no one drinks because of a recent suicide. By the market square you also found the Shallays shrine, The Town hall and Temple of Signmar where you attended the mass by Lector Gottschalk.
- Thunderwater Inn: You have passed the thunderwater inn which is located by the market and by far the most popular.
- The Stewpot Hosterlry: Smaller cozy place but lacking customers. You have enjoyed some of Keila’s cooking skills here. This is also where Florian was last seen. Strangely his comming and going was surrounded by a bit of mystery and in the end you concluded he was brought out of town by Reiner Holtz.
- Eigel Farmstead: Burned down to the ground. You discovered it to had fallen due to beastmen attacks.
- Holtz Farmstead: Here you arrived in the middle of an arguement with the last Eigel and the Holtz. Seemed they had a lot of disagrements on who was to blame for the beastmen attack. You have tried to get information out of the Holtz after the argument but with only moderate success. It came very close to a real fight. You have discovered that some rituals took place to appease the beastmen. It was hard to get anyone to admit anything, and you did not really get confirmation that Reiner kidnapped Florian. Of course it all seems pretty shady on both families. In the end Marie Holtz took you to see someone who could help. She led you to and old tree where bones and remains were scattered and signs of Fletchers demise as well. Here you met with a hunched cloaked figure in a big cloak. Decorated with feathers and other primitive trinkets. He spoke of how to defeat the cloven ones before they launch an attack on Stromdorf. The simple plan to sneak in and retreive the Lightning Stone.
After a short meetup with the mysterious sharman, Zigfred, Rupert and Bormanisse agreed to venture into the dreaded Obersleight to recover the lightning stone. It turned out to be a 2 hour journy into the heart of the swamp, the very center of multiple lightning strikes. The trip featured water, mud, rain, a small group of beastment and even avoiding the horrible reickland eek.
Finally by the clearing where the heardstone with the lightning stone dominated the center, the group aimed to draw away smaller groups of beastment to finish them off little by little.
The tacktic proved semi succesfull, a small group was lured off, but others were warned. As the party had finished off the smaller group, the main part of the beastment near the stone were approaching… led by Izka Madtooth, a mighty wargor!
A large and seemingly hopeless fight commenced. The huge blade of Bormanisse cut deep into Izka several times, but the weight of the numbers and the brute force of Izka also began to take a toll on the party. It was then that Bormanisse was brought down.
Despite multiple serious injuries, with a potion and some luck, Bormanisse was back on his feet again, though bleeding heavily. More gors fell as the party kept their ground, and more wounds were inflicted in Izka. It was then another Gor with a broken horn landed his deep into the side of the elf, and he sank back down into the mud. The party redoubled their efforts and in response they soon managed to cut down the mighty Izka. Their victory though hollow as their comrade was bleeding by their feet.
Elf body and lightning stone both loaded up on the cart. Beastmen howls from all sides. A stroke of lightning!