Waking up after a good nights rest at the Journey’s End, the Averland Fancypants head off into the morning fog to the docks. Here they arrive as a barge is set on fire and the group stir into action!
Frederich von Feschhosen and Hector Helbrecht give chase to the arsonists while Leopold Schatterman and the Elven Messenger do their best to put out the flames. The two arsonists are caught and draw daggers. A fight commence and the arsonists warn the party to let them go as they answer to the Black Cowl. Nevertheless they are defeated, one dead and one mortally wounded. They bring him to the Shallya temple and pay some street kids to shadow him. Meanwhile the fire is put out and Adolphus Stark offer some ale at the White Horse. The elven messenger stays behind to insult the wife and kids and so on.
As the day progress, the weather turns from bad to miserable, by the evening its pouring down. In any case the fancypants mange to get some things done:
- They talk to Ute Herz, a mousy waif of a girl in her late teens who is curious about their doings in the docks. The band tells her everything they know, and she confirms some of their theories about a new crimelord in town.
- They ask for an appointment with Marcus Baerfaust, and is promised a message when he can see them.
- They talk to Beatrice Knox, who is in financial trouble with moneylenders. While she will not go into details, Frederich grants her 1 gold and a job at his Cousin Ludmillas residence.
- Frederich von Feschhosen also run into Mathilda Durbein, who is introduced to the rest of the party, and they buy a bit of gossip from her. She claims to have seen a black cloaked figure about at night.. twice..
- They party stalks out the docks in the evening, but they are soaked from the cold rain, and by 3am they retire back to the warmth of the Journey’s End.
Waking up after some warm sleep, to a morning shouded in fog, they party is determined to move on with the investigation immediately. Well right after some shopping.
- They shop some armor and weapons, with special interest in high quality weapons available. The main shopping takes place around the Plenzerplatz Area.
- A new corpse was found at the docks, by the waterfront. Here they meet Gunther, a potbellied officer from the garrison, and Luminary Konrad Mauer who is assisting with the investigation as a favor to Marcus Baerfaust. The corpse is of Hermann Halheimer, another notorious dockside racketeer. As they leave the crime scene, they notice a man who the criminal Halfling identify as Frederick Grosz. He looks pale and is wiping off sweat from his beard.
- At the White Horse, in relative privacy, the party discuss the murder with Luminary. The party tells him everything they know, and the Luminary share that the wounds were affected by an unusually vile poison and that he suspect the poison may be magical or caotic in nature. While he cannot conclude a link between the murders with certainty, he will not rule out they were performed by the same person or group. The Luminary and the party also dwell a bit over the possible motivations behind such killings.
- As the haze clears, the day is blessed by sunshine, and while making their rounds at the docks, Frederich von Feschhosen nearly loose his coins to a theif, but manage to spot him just in time. They intimidate the theif and he runs off!.
- Finally the party locates Frederick Grosz at the docks.