Wolfgang was wrapping up his research at the University of Altdorf. The Spear of Destiny, hidden away in a Manann shine in Neues Emskrank? His studies had led him in many directions, no references were truly solid and he had encountered several other speculations. The most solid reference elaborated that the spear is kept at an old shrine in plain sight, and displayed as “The Spear of Marius”, a legendary spear within the Manann faith. However a cross reference from Marienburg has refuted this claim. Less dependable texts link the spear to the Myrmidia and her spear or Valkia the Bloody and her great spear Slaupnir. Never the less if the Mysterious F has interest in this, it must be recovered. Wolfgang went made his way to the agreed meeting place, “The Halfling Hotpot” and found himself a place in he shadows… Yes, it was time to depart for Neues Emskrank! now where was the rest of his party?
The Shallya Initiate studied his sleeping companion. This was not a task he had wished for, and it was turning out for the worse.
Not long ago a dwarf patient had arrived to the hospice in Ubersreik. His mind driven to the edge of sanity by who knows what. The temple was committed to his recovery but had only made so much progress, and the dwarf was comitted to leaving. What first had looked like an oputinity to get away from the dusty and stuck up brother- and sisterhood, now began feel like an iron chain to the leg. He looked to his sleeping companion again.
Korden Kurgansson had been the smith at the Grunewald Lodge but had been wounded during a beastman attack. Since then he had been under treatment by Dr Sieger, senior cultist in the Eldritch Order of the Unblinking Eye It is hard to say if he lost his mind to the drugs or to the unspeakable horrors the cult had him witness.
The cult was destoyed after a crackdown initiated by Lord Ashaffenberg himself, but Korgen’s mind had only recovered partly, and his stay at the temple was short.
He insisted on making a final travel back to Karak Azgaraz and the initiate pondered his promise to accompany the sick dwarf the whole way.
All this he could cope with, but the fact that Korden no longer regonized North from South combined with a rock stubbonness was becomming a real issue. If they kept on this way, they would reach the Sea of Claws, not the Grey Mountains!
Urgan cursed the hostile crowd. Where were the regonition of his awsome fighting skills and superiority?!
While he was still a good bet, he was not the popular one, and at the fighting pits, he was becomming one of the regular villans. But that was the least of his worried. During his last fight, he had spied Markus Ashaffenberg in the crowd! Did he recongize him? Markus was close with the witch hunters, and it was unlikely he would let Urgan’s sudden… hmm… greater pressence go unnoticed.
The staging area smelled of sweat, blood and death. Urgan gathered his belongings, including the modified chainmail now able to accomendate his new greatness.
Parson skuttled in to help carry. Dressed in filthy robes and somewhat hunched over, Parson was not an impressive sight. But he knew respect and he seemed to be in true admiration of Urgan. More importantly he ensured to provide for food and took care of many tedious tasks. Parson even had knowledge of cuts and wounds, and often came in handy.
True Parson’s arrival might have seemed a bit too convenient, and his medical skills, even if not fully trained, always were cause for concern. But then again, Urgan could kill him anytime if needed.. maybe after Altdorf his services would come to a sudden end.. yes, his death might even help his party see how resolute Urgan act in the face of chaos!!
“Parson! Now take me to the Halfling Hotpot! I will need to regroup with my friends…”
The Altdorf Band met up at the Halfling Hotpot. Parson joined the party. A filthy cultists of nurgle it seems, but very loyal to dr. verfullen and urgan.
The trip to Neues Emskrank proceeded with no problems and they arrived after several weeks in the evening. At Neues Emskrank they managed the following:
- Met with a local fisher at Leaping Salmon Inn and accuired local information
- Staked out the grand temple to Manann
- Crossed to the old town and broke into the old Shrine of Mannan. They searched for the spear but without luck and went to sleep in the shrine.
- Defeated Marauders attacking and setting fire to the shrine.
- Went to the streets of the old town where they prevented further destruction of the town by successfully ambushing and defeating a band of Marauder Firestarters.
- Assisted the local fishermen beating back and crushing an assult on the old town from the nose of manann.
- Crossed into the new town, but managed to kill 10 marauders by cunningly cutting the bridge as the marauders were crossing.
- Made it back to Leaping Salmon where they saved the Inkeeper Jenny from getting raped and the inn from being burned down by cutting down a smaller band of marauders.
- Rupert Spielvogel began caughing black blood after the fight. It was becomming clear he would not make it. After donating his coins, he finally died. RIP
- Also a dwarf Korden died after the battle, but handed over his hammer to Brother Maynard
- Party went back out on the steets and managed to save a handfull of town locals from a band of Marauders. The locals made it behind the city defence forces and the party killed the Marauders.
- Encountered a great battle at the main town square, but did not interfeer.
- Reached the Grand Temple of Manann shortly after the horn of retreat was sounded by the Marauders.
- Confirmed that a majority of the Marauders were fleeing west since their fleet had been destroyed.
- Party got some sleep finally