After a brave tactical retreat from Hugeldal, The Altdorf Band headed towards Ubersreik. Wolfgang and the unconcious dwarf Kurgi Balginson were resting on a battered cart of some kind.
Around half way the band was attacked by Bandits which they without too much trouble managed to fight off.
On the way to the city the band also helped out Graf Siegfried von Saponatheim who had a broken carriage. (This gained the party some favor with the Von Saponatheim family).
Upon the arrival in Ubersreik, the baleful light of Morrslieb, quickly made it apparent that their stay might not be as pleasant as they hoped for.
The party started to pick up various information.
- Lots of Talk about a hidden dwarf treassure
- Clearly a Masqurade is being held and all influential people of the city attending.
- A good standing with a noble house would be needed for an invitation.
- Ziegfried managed to get the party into Magnus Tower where the party was updated on the Military status of the city. Here they spoke to Captain Erwin Blutcher and Field Marshal Antonin Sieber. The party provided them with the status of Hugeldal. (It also seemed the party gained some favor with the Von Holzenaur family)
- The party spend some time at the docks. Also chasing red eyes in the sewers but without much result. And we all know Skavens are just scary stories for children.
- The Altdorf Band spend the night at The Red Moon Inn, where they also spoke briefly with Vern Hendick about Lord Rickard Aschaffenberg.
- Next morning, after a bad rest the party went to the Temple of Sigmar. They did some intense praying and such. Lord Aschaffenberg seemed to notice the party and they gained favor with the Aschaffenberg family for some reason.
- Realizing that the key to getting an invitation to the Masquade would lie with the noble families Altdorf Band decided to seek out more information about these noble houses.
It took a bit of guile and charm, but the party got access to the Library of Verena where they hope to learn more of the 3 noble houses.